Saturday 22 September 2012

Phony Photographer?

Ok so i finished studying photography at Plymouth University over a year ago, and have yet to really do anything with my degree. I tell myself i have been too busy with work to think about getting on and making any real work. A few times i have taken a few snaps, but nothing more than some half asked point and shoot shots. I find myself feeling like a phony photographer! I remember finishing uni and thinking "I am looking forward to having a little break from photography". Well i think i have done that and some!

 So what now? I decide i am to challenge myself, and get out there and make some work! The whole way through uni i was using large format camera's, usually shooting 5X4, even the occasional 10x8 when funds allowed it! However, as i find myself now situated in little old Weymouth, i no longer have the resources to support this style of photography. So i decide to buy myself a digital SLR and a few lenses and start taking some photographs!

However, i know from experience i need to set myself objectives, both short term and long term in order to get a good level of productivity! So what are those objectives? First off i need to create a Blog (Check), Website and Business cards to get myself out there into the wider world. Second, i aim to make a small project, just experimenting with techniques i am able to achieve with a Basic DSLR and a few simple accessories. Once i have done this, i will set myself a full project. So here i am, writing my first blog, taking my first step towards validating my degree!

No comments:

Post a Comment